Saturday 21 February 2009

Stone The Crows!!





A few weeks ago I bought myself a new bracelet. I wasn’t being indulgent or anything, it’s a simple bracelet of stones on elastic. It’s nicely made and looks nice and at £5.95 it won’t exactly break the bank.

But I didn’t buy it because it’s pretty or cheap, I bought it because my shoulder has been giving me gyp for about a year now. I have no lateral movement in my left arm and can’t lift it over my head as well as my right and sometimes - about 2-3 times a week on average - it’ll ache like nobodies business. Since Christmas the aching had increased in intensity and was starting to happen more frequently so I decided it was time to see if I could do anything about it.

I’d heard that hematite’s said to have electromagnetic properties so I grabbed a few books that I thought would give me the information I needed and low and behold, they were said to be useful for easing joint pain.

As I tend to prefer to try the natural remedy first, I took myself off to eBay and searched for a hematite bracelet. There were a few different choices available but the one shown above was by far the one that suited my taste best.

That was about a fortnight ago. I’ve worn it every day since it arrived and apart from the first day, not once… yes, that’s right, NOT ONCE, has my shoulder given me anywhere near the kind of pain it used to. I still don’t have any more dexterity in it but I’m no longer kept awake because I don’t know where to put my arm, and believe me, that really was driving me potty. Most of the time I don’t notice any pain at all, and when I do it’s really not too bothersome.

Now it could just be coincidence so I’m in no way saying that my lack of pain IS down to the hematite, but it seems probable to me. All stones and crystals are said to have their own energies that draw or repel other energies and, apparently, hematite works by attracting the iron in the blood (or rather, the energy of the iron) thus increasing the blood's flow.

I know some people would argue that it’s just a placebo effect but if that is the case, as long as it works for me that’s ultimately what matters.

Sharon J xx


PS: If you're interested in looking at some hematite bracelets, I bought mine from this seller.

~~+~~



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Margaret's Ramblings said...

I'm with you on this. After months of a painful upper arm related to fibromyalgia, my daughter made me a hematite bracelet. Within a couple of days the pain had disappeared. Now I don't know if it is all in the mind or not and I don't really care. THE PAIN STOPPED and that's all that matters. Margaret

Solorn said...

o glad your back *hugs tight* . I wish I cold come and give you a little healing on your shoulder. I know its not much but it's all I could offer you.

Yell if you need me. I'm still here even if I'm a bad blogger who never updates:)

Sharon J said...

I'm glad to heart that your pain was eased by hematite too, Margaret. I'd definitely recommend them to anybody suffering from joint or muscle pain. And as you say, as long as it works, it doesn't really matter why.

Solorn. It would be wonderful to have your healing on my shoulder but I'mm sure your positive thoughts will be helpful too. Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Remember my magnetic bracelet? I still wear it. It's not hematite but there is definitely something in it. I used it on my other arm when that started playing up and it helped there too.

Sharon J said...

I can't say I remember it, Carol, but if it works, all's good :)

I've just ordered a hematite bracelet for my mum. She has pains in her shoulders too (from lifting Dad). It'll be interesting to see whether it helps her too :)

Jennifer said...

The power of magnets is pretty incredible. Good luck with your health and that of your mam Sharon! :D

Sharon J said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I did mention the dog collars to her but she says he seems to be a lot better lately but if her bracelet works and he starts getting worse again then she said she'll get him one.

Cottage Smallholder said...

Hi Sharon

I use crystals a lot. They are very powerful indeed.

Just remember that they can reverse their latent good power if they are not cleaned regularly - held under cold running water or wiped and put outside on a moonlit night will do the trick.

This sounds very flaky but it works. If everything starts to go belly up here, I wash the crystals.

Sharon J said...

Hi Fiona,

It's nice to 'meet' somebody else who also believes in the power of crystals.

I’ve use them quite a bit too but the only time I’ve had any ‘dealings’ with hematite were two bracelets my daughter had a few years ago. The first one she bought broke about five minutes after putting it on so she bought a replacement (a different type from a different shop) and that one broke within a few hours too. Each time the stones ended up scattered all over the place so we came to the conclusion that hematite didn’t like her. Since then I’ve never given it a thought…. until a few weeks ago, that is, when a friend told me about its magnetic properties.

I cleansed my bracelet in salt water before I used it. I would normally have left it outside in the moonlight for a night too but as I’m ill at the moment, and have been for quite a while, I had to skip that bit. It doesn’t seem to have made any difference though. I will try to remember to give it a cleanse now and then although I must admit that I do have a tendency to forget.

Jennifer said...

Count me in as a crystal believer too! :D

Sharon, my 'Bioflow' door is always open whenever and if ever your mum's dog ever needs me. Perhaps the warmer weather coming up soon will do her dog some good as well. :D