Monday 29 December 2008

Lucky Me, Lucky You



Do you keep your food in a fridge and your clothes in a wardrobe? Do you have a roof over your head and a bed to sleep in? In that case you’re wealthier than 75% of the world’s population.

Or so I’ve heard.

Although I can’t say that the above is a fact, given the number of poor countries in the world, I can well believe it.

So when you hang your clothes up tonight before jumping into your comfortable bed, give a thought to those who are sleeping rough, some of them possibly right on your doorstep.

No matter what Santa brought us for Christmas, or whether or not we're popping a bottle of champagne on New Year’s eve, we’re incredibly lucky.

Sharon J

~~+~~


Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all so so so so blessed & lucky, we all have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for the reminder. I'll send you an email when I get back with some good stats!

Catz said...

Yes we are very very lucky! I had the same feeling while at church over Christmas, felt lucky that we could celebrate Christmas without fear, unlike so many.

Jade of the Jungle said...

So very true. I think everyone needs a gentle reminder now and again that perspective is everything.

All the best wishes for the New Year Sharon x

Coffee and Vanilla said...

That is soooo true Sharon!
All of us here, sitting comfortable in front of the computers, are very lucky... Not sure about 75% but there is many poor countries, I have been to few of them and it is really shocking how little some people have.
Happy New Year!! :)
Margot