Tuesday 23 December 2008

Yay! I Did It!




My Christmas food shop has been delivered and Richard's been out and bought some extra bits and bobs for me so as behind as I was, everything is now on target.

We're having turkey this year for the first time ever. I was brought up with beef at Christmas then moved to Norway where their Christmas dinner is belly pork with a special type of sausage and pork cakes but this year, after watching Jamie Oliver, I decided to go for the bird. I've never prepared and cooked turkey before so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't go terribly wrong. A lot of the preparation will be done tomorrow - the veggies will cooked ready for rewarming and the turkey stuffed and buttered. At least that way the day itself shouldn't be too stressful with the work being shared between LM and myself.

My mouth's watering already.

The cherry vodka that I made back in August is looking good now so I'll be trying that bottling that up later today and there's a bottle of Bailey's with my name on it.

The presents are all wrapped and those that needed to be sent have been. The embroidery didn't get finished but I'm not beating myself up over that. I don't have too much left to do so they should be sent during Twixmas. People will understand that I was ill and lagging behind.

With help from Richard and LM, I don't think I've done too badly.

Sharon J xx

~~+~~

Image Credit: Bucklava

~~+~~




Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Joanne Neild said...

I knew you would do it Sharon, no luck needed! Everything looks great, and like I have said to my OH, what isn't done by the day its tough. I am not going to beat myself up over it anymore.

We were bottling our cherry brandy last night, although we thought it best to test a wee snifter just to make sure it was OK ;)

Anonymous said...

I've eaten at ur house and know what a good cook you are so the turkey will be brill.

Sharon J said...

@ Grow Ur Own. Well we're not as decorated as we usually are but what the heck. It doesn't matter. What with your cherry brandy and my cherry vodka, I think we could really paint the town red :)

@ Anon. You've been here for dinner? Who are you? Glad you enjoyed whatever it was I served you, though :)

Sharon S said...

Hi there-very well done on your efforts my dear. A very Happy Xmas to you and all your family, take care!

Lizzie @ her homeworld said...

I didnt think you would be beaten, you just adapted a bit. Well done you.
Lizzie
Havnt been commenting much for a few days as I have been reading in my lunch break and comments are disabled at work.

Sharon J said...

@ Sharon Rose. Thank you but most of the success was down to Richard and LM :)

@ Lizzie. I like that... adapted :) Fancy your job not letting you comment. What on earth's happening in this world? lol

Merry Christmas everybody xx

Margaret's Ramblings said...

Well you got there, well done. We are roast chicken lovers for Christmas dinner and we really enjoy Christmas in the UK. It always seemed a little unfair to me that in New Zealand if we went for the traditional Christmas dinner we had to eat it in 30 degrees C. Not much fun for the cook. Merry Christmas.
Margaret

Sharon J said...

@ Margaret. I've often thought it must be strange to eat a traditional Christmas dinner in the middle of summer. I think I'd have gone for something lighter myself. Merry Christmas x